I got this recipe from Family Fun Magazine a few years ago. For 20 minutes prep, and 20 minutes in the oven, there's a BIG reward! SUPER yummy, easy & from items you probably have in your fridge & pantry right now.
I like to make it in the morning & keep it in the fridge when I know I'll have a busy day. Just pop it in the oven for 30 minutes, serve it with a salad & you're good to go!
Easy Cheezy Pasta Bake
1 lb dried pasta - the recipe calls for ziti, but I just use whatever I have on-hand.
15-16 oz part-skim ricotta cheese
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
3 cups (or 26 oz jar/can) spaghetti sauce
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
OPTIONAL: 1 lb italian sausage, browned
- Preheat oven to 350* Grease a 9x13" dish.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- In large bowl, stir together cooked pasta, ricotta and 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese (and italian sausage, if you're using it) until well-blended.
4. Pour 1/2 of the spaghetti sauce, covering the bottom of the greased 9x13" pan.
5. Spread pasta/cheese mixture over spaghetti sauce.
6. Top with remaining spaghetti sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese & remaining mozzarella.
7. Bake uncovered for 20-30 minutes (use the full 30 minutes if you've refrigerated the casserole), until the casserole bubbles on the edges.