Saturday, January 10, 2009

Rigatoni a la You

**This recipe is from Johnsonville Italian Sausage** Sorry the picture isn't that great.

Rigatoni
1 package (5 links) Johnsonville Mild Italian Sausage
1lb pkg rigatoni pasta
3TB olive oil (I only used 1)
2 cloves minced garlic
1 red bell pepper chopped (I always use peppers from the package of frozen tri colored peppers they sell at the store.)
2TB fresh italian parsley, chopped (I didn't have fresh, so I used my dried spice. I only used 1TB and felt like it was plenty.)
1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce

Cook sausage links in skillet until completely cooked through. While sausage is cooking, boil the rigatoni according to package directions. In a large pan, heat olive oil, add garlic and peppers and cook until tender crisp. Add the pasta sauce and let it all simmer together for 15 minutes. Slice the sausage in wheels and add to the cooked and drained pasta. Pour the spaghetti sauce mixture over top and stir. Add fresh parsley. (because I used my dried spice, I added it to the noodles with the meat and tossed it before the sauce went in.) I sprinkled parmesan cheese over top and served.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails