CRUSTY BAKED CHICKEN
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/3 cup milk or half-and-half
1 - 1 1/2 cups instant potato flakes
2 tsp garlic salt
2 tsp paprika
2 tsp poultry seasoning
2/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
4 Tblsp butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 425*. Line 2 9x13" pans with foil, or spray pans with non-stick cooking spray. Clean chicken breasts (trim fat, etc) & pat dry. Set aside.
2. In one bowl, beat eggs & milk/half-and-half.
3. In another bowl, mix potato flakes, garlic salt, paprika, poultry seasoning, and Parmesan cheese.
4. Dip chicken breasts in egg mixture, then in the potato flake mixture. Coat evenly on all sides. Place chicken pieces in baking pans, 3 breasts each pan.
5. Drizzle each with melted butter.
6. Bake for 20-25 mins, or until heated through. Turn once halfway through cooking time.
7. SERVE & ENJOY! :)
We like to have these with mashed potatoes & gravy, corn & broccoli or peas.
Also really good with cornbread & salad. Also good cold for picnics or barbecues!
FOR BONE-IN CHICKEN PIECES:
Use 3-5 lbs chicken (frying chicken, cut into pieces) for 4-6 servings.
Everything else is the same, except for baking -
Bake at 400*F for 35 minutes, turning chicken once during baking time.
Increase temperature to 425*F and bake another 10-15 minutes or until chicken is tender and juices (from thigh pieces) run clear when pierced with a fork.