Saturday, August 23, 2008

6 Layer Casserole

Okay, I made this last night. It's a great thing to give to people that you're making dinner for! I actually gave two away and ate some where else:) I make it all the time for us though. You can even make it vegan. We had my brother (who is vegan) over for dinner and all I used was a frozen mock veggie vegan imitation meat (or you can leave this layer out) and veggie broth. It tasted great that way too!

2 med. Potatoes, sliced
2 med. Onions, sliced
1 ½ lbs. ground beef or turkey (raw)
½ cup uncooked rice
2 stalks celery, sliced
3 med. Carrots, sliced
3 cups chicken broth

Cover the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish with potatoes, then onions, meat, rice, celery, and carrots. Sprinkle each layer with salt and pepper as you go. Pour the broth over the entire dish and cover with foil. Bake at 400* for 1 hour or until the carrots and potatoes are hot.

1 comment:

Janis said...

How easy! It reminds me of doing foil dinners when we go camping and we just add everything uncooked and stick over the coals. I am excited to try it out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails