Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Sweet & Sour Meatballs

I should be embarrassed to post this, it's way too simple... but I can't resist sharing something so perfect for those times when you have, say, soccer practice, Cub Scouts, Brownies, drum lessons and a screaming one-year-old and it all seems to be converging at once. Not that I know what any of that is like...

Sweet & Sour Meatballs

1 can (16 oz.) whole cranberry sauce
2 cups chunky garden pasta sauce
24 oz. (or so) refrigerated or frozen fully-cooked turkey meatballs

1. Put cranberry sauce in large skillet; break into chunks. Add pasta sauce. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until cranberry sauce melts.
2. Add meatballs; stir to coat with sauce. Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook 15 minutes until heated through.
3. Serve over rice.

Recipe credited to Woman's Day 1-2-3 Suppers

3 comments:

Carter Family said...

Can I just say, THANK YOU! I think that's exactly what this site is about! Easy... quick meals. I'm going to try it this week! :)

Janis said...

Jenna said..
"We had this a couple of weeks ago and LOVED IT!.....We are having it again tonight.

Jenna said...

I just had to come back to this one...we've eaten this SO MANY TIMES since I found it on your blog! LOVE IT!!!! Thanks for posting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails