Thursday, November 20, 2008

Chili Cook Off -- 1st place winner for Laguna Creek 4th Ward


Tonya's White Chili

1 can each of
White beans
Navy beans
Pinto beans
Great Northern beans
*All drained

2 T. cumin
1 green pepper chopped
1 onion chopped
1 lb. chicken
1 c. half and half
8 oz. jar of salsa
1 c. chicken broth

Saute peppers and onions. Cook chicken (I boiled the chicken in water with a little bit of chicken bullion). When chicken is done then I shredded it. Over Med. heat add everything together (I put it into the crock-pot for about three hours, I think that it helped cook in the flavors). Add more half and half and salsa to get the thickness that you want (I added quite a bit more).

2 comments:

Janis said...

We had this for dinner last night. It was good. I only used 1 1/2 TB cumin and I doubled the half and half and the broth. It is really thick and "beany" if you don't double the liquid.

We enjoyed it served with cheese and tortilla chips verses crackers. It would probably be extra yummy with a scoop of sour cream on top also.

Jenna said...

Looks really tasty!

(You have the same dishes we use! Fun!) (:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails