Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Pasta's

**Both these recipes came from my cousin Alyson. We enjoyed the zuchini one better, but both were good. I do not eat much with ricotta cheese, so I need to get used to that texture. I keep wondering next time I make these, if I would try to use cottage cheese and see what happens. I'll post about it when I do it. **

Fettucine with Ricotta, tomatoes and basil

1 pkg fettucine (I didn't have fettucine, so I used something else)
3 TB butter
15oz ricotta cheese (I would use less next time)
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 cloves garlic
2 TB Basil
1 can Italian diced tomato
1 can regular diced tomato

Cook fettucine as according to pkg, drain.
Meanwhile, stir together all the rest of the ingredients and cook over medium heat. Toss with noodles. Sprinkle with more parmesan cheese before serving.


Penne with Zuchini and Ricotta

1 pkg penne
1 TB olive oil
2 garlic cloves
3 cups or so of sliced zuchini
1 cup Ricotta cheese
1 cup half n half
1/2 tsp salt
2 TB Basil
2/3 grated parmesan cheese

Cook Penne according to directions and drain.
Heat oil in skilliet over medium heat. Add garlic and zuchini. Cook about 3-4 minutes or until zuchini is tender.
In small bowl, combine ricotta, half n half, and salt. Stir well. Add to zuchini mixture. Cook and stir until hot. In a large bowl add zuchini mixture, pasta, basil, and parmesan cheese. Toss and serve.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails