Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Chicken Taco Ring



This recipe came from The Daily Smash


Our entire family enjoyed it. There is another one of these on our blog that I made a while back and it is a Chicken Brocoli Ring. We enjoyed both of them, but my kids raved more about this one when dinner was over. My 5 year old saw the olives and tomatoes go in and said yuck, I'm not eating that, but by time it was all cooked, she enjoyed it.


Chicken Taco Ring
2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
1/3 cup finely crushed tortilla chips
2 cups finely chopped rotisserie chicken (I used chicken boiled in broth)
3/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, undrained
1/4 cup chopped pitted ripe olives
1 plum tomato, seeded and chopped
1 tablespoon taco seasoning
1 tablespoon lime juice

1. Grease a 12-in. pizza pan. Unroll crescent dough.


2. Lay the crescent triangles in a circle with the wide end being in the middle and the pointed end going out. Lightly press wide ends together.


3. In a small bowl, combine the chicken, cheese, mayonnaise, chilies, olives, tomato, taco seasoning, lime juice and tortilla chips. Stir until all is combined.


4. Spoon the chicken mixture in a circle over wide ends of dough. Fold points of triangles over filling and tuck under wide ends (filling will be visible).


5. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Garnish with sour cream, salsa, tomatoes and lime. (I didn't garnish with anything. We just served this with a salad.)

5 comments:

The Daily Smash said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Daily Smash said...

Hi Janis the search bar has been added to my blog. Thanks so much for the input. I am so glad that you enjoyed the chicken Ring. Its a family favorite :)

Have a great day
Ashley
www.thedailysmash101.blogspot.com

Kati said...

I *HATE* mayonaise. Is there anything I can substitute? Can I use less do you think? It seems like a lot. Thanks a bunch.

Janis said...

Kati-
I love how you spell your name first :), secondly, the mayonaise is kind of what gives it moisture and holds all the ingredients together. When it's all mixed together and cooked, I didn't taste the "mayo" flavor, BUT, I would assume you could try to substitute it with sour cream? or maybe even some cream of chicken soup and see what happens. I wish I had a better answer for you. I think cream cheese might be too strong of a flavor to use, but that may work also. Good Luck. If you try it with something else, let us know.

Anonymous said...

I made this meal and cut everything in half so I wouldn't have left overs/served only 2. It was delicious! I didn't have any tortilla chips or olives and it still worked out really great.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails