Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Chicken Apple Walnut Salad



I've posted here before about how I like to prep big batches of chicken to keep in my freezer so they're ready for me whenever I want them.

Usually, I measure the prepped chicken into 4 cup quantities. I always seem to have 1 chicken breast leftover. I could add it to a bag in the freezer, but I'd much rather have this delicious salad for lunch! :)

This could be made in larger quantities, obviously. I like to make it just for me for a quick-n-easy & healthy lunch.

Chicken Apple Walnut Salad
(for one)

1 chicken breast, cooked & cut into bite-sized chunks
1 apple, peeled (if desired), cored & cut into bite-sized chunks
1 green onion, chopped
1 - 1 1/2 Tblsp. walnuts
1 - 1 1/2 Tblsp. mayonnaise
salt & pepper to taste

Stir all together in a bowl & enjoy!



You can add halved grapes to this salad too, if you like.

I like my salad drier so I use less mayonnaise. You can use fat-free or low-fat mayo too.

I love this on whole grain bread with lettuce & tomato, or with Triscuit crackers on the side. YUMM!!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails