This one is a no-brainer - steak, hot off the grill, a lucious salad & Cheesy Garlic Drop Biscuits (recipe above). YUMMM!!!
I got New York strip steaks on sale at the grocery store in a value-pak of 4 steaks - just $13.96 for the 4-pack - and I always have salad greens on-hand in my fridge. Watch for steak on sale & take advantage of a great deal for this yummy summer dinner.
It's a perfect summer meal that's healthy too, ready in under 20 minutes.
Grilled Steak Salad
4 New York strip steaks, about 3 lbs
Montreal Steak seasoning
1 lb. pre-packaged salad greens (I used a "spring greens" mix)
2 green onions, chopped
2 radishes, sliced thinly
1 carrot, shredded or julienned (I used pre-packaged shredded carrots)
1/4 cup glazed walnuts
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella (or monterey jack or colby)
1/2 cucumber, chopped
1 tomato, chopped
2 Tbsps roasted, salted, shelled sunflower seeds
- 1/2 hour before grilling, place steaks, in packaging, on kitchen counter to warm up a bit.
- Heat grill to 400*F.
- Place steaks on hot grill to sear. (Once they're down, don't move them until you're going to turn them!)
- Turn heat down to medium.
- Cook steaks for 8 minutes.
- Turn steaks & grill for 4 minutes more.
- Remove from grill to a platter. Cover loosely with foil. Allow steaks to rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice steaks against the grain & return to platter.
- Serve a few strips per person over salad.
While steaks are grilling, assemble your salad. We used the ingredients noted above, but you can build your green salad to match your family's tastes.
We used ranch dressing on our salad 'cause that's what we like best. Your favorite dressing or a squeeze of lemon plus a drizzle of olive oil would be delicious too.
Don't forget the cheesy garlic biscuits! Recipe shown above.