Friday, September 19, 2008

Yummy Carrot Cake


**Growing up, my friend Tracy used to work at a bakery. They were known for their Carrot Cake. Somehow my mom got the recipe, and has been making this ever since. **

This carrot cake was even yummier on day 2.

Carrot Cake
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups oil
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
**Cream these ingredients together

**In seperate bowl combine and stir to mix:
2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
4 tso cinnamon
1 tsp salt
**When the sugar mixture is creamed, slowly add the flour mixture.

**Then add:
1 cup crushed pineapple
2 cups grated carrots
1/2 cups nuts (I used pecans)

When the entire mixture is mixed thoroughly, pour into greased pan and bake 325 degrees for 30-45 minutes. I would assume you could do this in a 9x13 or cake pans.

I made this in my pampered chef bar pan and then cut it in half and made a double layer cake. It seems like my Mom would make this in her 9x13. My new oven is an electric one and seems to bake hotter than my gas oven did, so I baked this at 275 degrees for the same amount of time. It baked perfectly.
Cream Cheese Frosting
*I doubled this recipe for the above cake*
1 stick butter (I use margarine)
1 8oz cream cheese
1 box powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Beat with mixer until fluffy.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

I remember this cake! If I make it, will I feel 16 again?? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails