Thursday, June 11, 2009

Chicken Enchiladas

********This comes from Jenna's blog*******
http://myfavoriterecipes-rejoice.blogspot.com/2009/01/creamy-enchiladas.html



**Our family tried these enchilada's from Jenna's blog page (a fellow author to this blog) and we all quite enjoyed them. I do have to say that if I made them again, I may possibly try adding some green chiles to the chicken mixture, although we liked them just the way they were.

Creamy Enchiladas
2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 large onion diced up (I did not add this because I don't love onions)
1 clove garlic crushed
8 oz. tomato sauce
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. sugar
3 cups heavy cream
5 chicken bouillon cubes
1/3 cup olive oil
12-18 corn tortillas
1 1/2 cups monterey jack grated cheese

--Saute onion in 2 Tbsp. oil until translucent. Stir in garlic, tomato sauce, salt, sugar and chicken. Cover and simmer 5 minutes. In a large saucepan heat cream. Dissolve bouillon in cream; set aside. Dip tortillas, one at a time, in oil turning once for a few seconds to soften; drain on paper towel. Dip tortilla in cream mixture; place on flat surface. Put 3 Tbsp. chicken mixture and roll up. **I also added cheese before I wrapped it up. That was not part of the original recipe. Place rolled tortilla seam side down in 9x13 baking dish. Pour any remaining sauce over enchiladas. Cover with grated cheese. Bake @ 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

I have started to add the green chili's to mine, too...it really does add a great flavor...I'm glad you liked them! They're one of my favorites! (:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails