Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Taco Pasta


**Okay, so a few months ago my daughter came home from youth activity where they learned to cook a dinner. Her written down recipe had no measurements, just what was in it, so I had to try to do it on my own and see how it goes. So, below are the measurements I used. As I tried to do a search for this recipe, I was not able to find much, but I did run across a recipe that also called for Sour Cream to be stirred in just prior to serving. Now, that could be good, but this is good the way it is without adding the extra calories.**
Taco Pasta

1 lb ground beef
1 packet taco seasoning
1 6oz tomato paste + 2 cans water or just use 1 15oz tomato sauce
Optional add in - 1 4oz can chopped green chiles
2 cups frozen corn
1 13-16 oz pkg pasta (you could use larger macaroni, fusili, wagon wheels, anything fun for kids)
1 tsp parsley approx
1/4 cup cheese (grated cheddar, or parmesan)

Cook pasta according to directions.

Cook ground beef in a large skillet. Drain off any fat. Add taco seasoning packet, tomato paste, chiles, water. Bring to a boil. Add corn, stir. Then add pasta and mix well. If you think it is too thick, add a little milk. I did.

Sprinkle top with Parsley flakes, and then sprinkle your favorite cheese over the top. I did parmesan cheese, but you can do cheddar cheese too.

This will easily serve 6

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails