Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Chinese Top Ramen Salad


**This recipe is from my friend Melissa. She made it as part of our Mothers Day "brunch" at church. I have had this salad before, but the flavor of this one was better than the recipe I have and I like that it didn't have any meat in it, although it certainly would be yummy with it in there.**

1 pkg. chicken flavored instant Ramen - break noodles into small pieces
2 T. sesame seeds
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1/2 head large cabbage, shredded (I use a bag of that pre-shredded cole slaw mix.)
4 green onions

Brown sesame seeds and almonds in 350 degree oven for 5-10 minutes. Mix salad ingredients. Combine with dressing (below).

Dressing:
1/2 c. vegetable oil
3 T. vinegar
2 T. sugar
1 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
Flavor packet from Ramen noodles

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails