Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Fried Zucchini

Summer is coming and all your zucchini will need to be put to good use! Try this. I would add more seasoning of some kind, but I can't figure out what I would add. It would either be garlic powder, onion powder or maybe a mixture of each. Maybe even some garlic powder and some onion salt instead of powder. I will have to make it again and try it out.
This recipe came from HERE

Fried Zuchini
From: Fake Ginger

2 medium zucchini , grated
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 -1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs (I used a little less than 3/4 cup)
1/2 parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
oil for frying

Start heating oil in skillet over medium high heat. I eventually moved mine up to high heat because they were taking longer to cook, and I wanted them to cook faster. My mind was telling me they were sitting in there too long and absorbing more oils. :)

In a medium sized bowl add all ingredients. If the mixture seems a little too moist, just add more breadcrumbs. The mixture needs to be moist, but not wet enough where it won't stick together.

I used a cookie scooper, a little larger than a TB and scooped up a heap, placed it in the hot oil and patted it down sligthly. Cook each side until desired browness.

Drain on paper towels.

I served mine with homemade Ranch dressing. YUM.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails