Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Quick n Easy Pesto Pasta


**This was one of those "need something (or want something) fast and easy tonight." NO FUSS! I went to cupboard and saw this packet, and I saw that I had a half of a bag of pasta left, so it was decided. We will try this. The flavor was soft so I think most kids will like it. I was cooking for 4, so this is what I used.**
Basil Pesto Pasta

1 pkg Knorr Pesto sauce mix
3/4 cup non fat milk (The recipe on the pkg calls for water)
1/4 cup olive oil
4 chicken tenderloin pieces (the smaller ones, not the breasts)
1/2 pkg of penne pasta (although you could use whatever you want)


Cook Pasta according to package directions.


In a skillet, cook the chicken until it is not longer pink. Slice into bite sized pieces. Add the Pesto seasoning packet, milk, and oil. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 5 minutes.


Right before serving, mix the pasta and the sauce together, then serve.


As side dishes, you could do fruit, and I served it with zuchini also sprinkled with parmesan cheese.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails