Thursday, March 24, 2011

Parmesan-Garlic Pull Apart Bread

**Sorry, I know the picture doesn't look that appetizing. I should have watched it better while in the oven. We had Spaghetti for dinner tonight, and I have been wanting to attempt these using the same dough I use for our 60 minute rolls. My family loved them.***

Parmesan-Garlic Pull Apart Bread
1 recipe of 60 minute rolls (below)

Dry Ingredients
3 1/2 cups flour --divided (2 1/2 cups 1 cup)
*This is how I did the flour, my friend said she started with 3 1/2 cups flour and added up to 1 more cup, but you may not use the whole 1 cup.
1/4 cup sugar
2 TB yeast
2 TB dry milk powder
1 tsp salt

Wet Ingredients
1 1/2 cups Hottest tap water
1/4 cup oil

Add all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl (minus the 1 cup flour). Add wet ingredients to a measuring cup. Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and beat by hand or by mixer for 1 minute. I did mine in my Kitchen Aid mixer.

Now, gradually add the extra 1 cup of flour and knead for 4 true minutes.

Cover and let rise for 15 true minutes.

While this rises...Add all the below ingredients into a medium sized measuring cup.

1/4 cup butter
1 TB minced garlic
3 TB parmesan cheese
1 tsp italian seasoning
1 tsp garlic salt

Punch down the dough, and roll into smaller than golfball size balls. I did 2o balls for my bread, and then I was still able to make 11 rolls that are rolled about the size of golfballs or larger to just make regular rolls.

After you roll the bread balls, roll them in to the butter mixture and place in a greased round casserole dish. If there is extra butter mix, just pour evenly over the top.

For the extra dough that you are using just for rolls, place them in an 8x8 greased casserole dish.
Cover and let rise again for 15 minutes.

Bake at 400 degrees for 12 minutes.

2 comments:

Raejean said...

I'm excited to try this next time I serve something Italian! I love that it doesn't start with canned biscuits. I shared your link on my Friday Favorites.

Janis said...

Thanks Raejean! I hope you enjoy them. Just FYI, I cut down on the butter from what I really used. So hopefully they will still roll fine in the mixture. I'm assuming they will, but even if you just spread it all over, as it cooks, it still should seep into all the cracks. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails