These frittatas are like mini-omelets. Basically scrambled eggs, baked in muffin pans, and with custom add-ins. My family's reaction: "so cool!" "spectacular" "definitely a KEEP!" I like those responses to a new recipe! :)
The add-ins are completely up to you. After you mix the basic recipe & fill the muffin cups, you can add whatever you have on-hand or whatever suits your tastes. You can even customize each family member's meal (if you have the time) - they can choose exactly what they want in their frittatas.
Great meal to get kids involved in the cooking process.
adapted from a recipe originally printed in Family Fun Magazine
8 large eggs
1/2 cup half-and-half
1/2 tsp salt
Assorted add-ins (see below for ideas)
Grated Parmesan cheese, if desired
- Preheat your oven to 350*F. Coat a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk together eggs, half-and-half, and salt in a medium bowl, then fill each muffin cup about 1/2 - 2/3 full (be sure to evenly distribute the egg mixture).
- Add about 2 Tbsp add-ins, if desired, to each cup, then sprinkle on a bit of Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Bake the frittatas until they are puffy and the edges are golden brown, about 20-25 minutes. Don't take them out early or they'll be gooey in the middle.
- If necessary, run a butter knife around the edge of each one to loosen them before removing them from the pan.
- Serve & enjoy!!
shredded cheese, diced veggies, cooked & chopped bacon, ham or sausage, spinach, green onions, etc... You're only limited by your tastes & imagination. It's a great way to use leftover veggies & meats.