Saturday, February 26, 2011

Waffle Cookies



I've had this recipe FOREVER - no idea where I got it from. It's a family favorite. The kids go nuts when I pull out the waffle iron in the middle of the day. They know what's coming. :)

You can top these with frosting (the way my kids like them) or you can leave them plain (the way hubby & I like them). They're also ridiculously good with a scoop of ice cream between cookies to make an ice cream sandwich.

But my favorite is to put a cookie on a plate, top it with a scoop of ice cream & drizzle hot fudge over the top. Holy moly.

Enjoy!!

Waffle Cookies
Makes 16 cookies

1/2 cup melted butter
2/3 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup all-purpose flour (I'm going to try wheat flour next time or maybe 1/2 wheat, 1/2 all-purpose. I'll keep you posted)
1/4 cup cocoa
1/2 tsp salt.
  • Preheat waffle iron.
  • Mix together wet ingredients (butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla).
  • Stir together dry ingredients in another bowl. Mix into wet ingredients. The batter will be thick.
  • Drop by tablespoons onto a hot waffle iron.


  • Check cookies after 1 minute. (Mine took 1 min 20 secs). When set, remove from iron with a fork by gently lifting a corner or edge.
  • Let cool on baking rack.



  • Frost, if desired, with chocolate or buttercream frosting just before eating.
  • Store unfrosted in airtight container up to 3 days.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails