Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pretzel Crusted Caramel and Chocolate Brownie Cups

Pretzel Crusted Caramel and Chocolate Brownie
Adapted from: My Favorite Recipes
**Check out her recipe, because she uses a cake mix, has alot more crusted topping which I think would be better and her top is a little different**

1 brownie mix - make as per instructions on box

Pretzel Crumble:
1/4 cup butter, melted
2TB brown sugar
1 cup crushed pretzels
**If I were doing this again, I would for sure double this part

Caramel:
1/3 bag of caramels
milk as needed for consistency

In a large bowl, make the cake mix as instructed on box. Scoop batter 2/3 full into muffin tin. In a seperate bowl, mix together the ingredients for the pretzel crumble. Scoop evenly on top of the brownie mixture. (The runny part is good. It gets crusty as it cooks.) Pat down lightly. Bake at 350 degrees for about 12 minutes. Meanwhile melt caramel and milk until creamy and soft. Immediately after taking the cups out of the oven, drizzle caramel over top. Let cool. Take out of pan and serve.

(I took the cups out of the pan right away before I drizzled the caramel, but it was very difficult to get them out. If I did it again, I would take a sharp knife and loosen the edges of each one, then let them sit for a little bit, probably at least 15 minutes, then try to take them out. At that point, I would then drizzle the caramel over top.)

This recipe should make 36 if you use a mini muffin pan. When I mad this, I made 24 mini cups, and with the extra, I made 6 in a regular muffin pan for my family.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails