Wednesday, January 18, 2012

White Taco Casserole



**This is a recipe that my husbands Grandmother used to make. I didn't know about it until my sister-in-law introduced it to us after we went over there one night around dinner time. It is very simple to make, especially for those with busy households.**

(I made 1/2 this recipe in a 1.5 quart round baking dish. It easily served 4+)

White Taco Casserole
1 lb ground beef
1 4oz can green chiles
2 10oz cans cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup
2 cups milk
1 bag Fritos (my sister in law likes to use the Frito Scoops)
3-4 cups grated cheddar cheese

Brown ground beef in a skillet. Drain and set aside. Mix cans of soup with milk and chiles.

In a round, deep dish casserole dish or in a 9x13 layer half of the meat, soup, fritos and cheese. Repeat layers one more time. Cover with foil.

Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes COVERED, then remove foil and bake another 5-10 minutes.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails