Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Chicken and Rice



This is what it will look like when it is ready to go into the oven.


**This was one of my favorite dinners growing up. I think it is funny that I have been married for 22 years and can't even count on one hand how many times I have made this. I seem to keep forgetting about it. Well, now that I am making it, it is going into the compilation of recipes I am doing, so I will be sure to see it and make it more frequently. I hope your family will enjoy it. **

Chicken and Rice

8x8 recipe
2 chicken breasts cooked and diced up
1 box Chicken and Mushroom Rice A Roni
1 can Cream of Mushroom and Chicken (Yes, it is all mixed together already)
1 1/3 cup water

**Brown the rice mixture in a skillet over medium heat. I don't add the butter to do this. I just spray the pan with some Pam. When the mixture is light brown, pour into an 8x8 baking dish. Sprinkle half the seasoning packet over top of rice. Place the chicken over top of the rice mixture. Sprinkle with remaining seasoning packet. Open the can of soup, and place dollops of the soup evenly over top of the chicken. Slowly pour in the water so that it is evenly distributed through the baking dish.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes.

9x13 recipe
4 chicken breasts cooked and diced up
2 boxes Chicken and Mushroom Rice A Roni
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
OR you can just do 2 cans of cream of chicken and mushroom soup
2 2/3 cup water

**Brown the rice mixture in a skillet over medium heat. I don't add the butter to do this. I just spray the pan with some Pam. When the mixture is light brown, pour into a 9x13 baking dish. Sprinkle 1 seasoning packet over top of rice. Place the chicken over top of the rice mixture. Sprinkle with the 2nd seasoning packet. Open the cans of soup, and place dollops of the soup evenly over top of the chicken. Slowly pour in the water so that it is evenly distributed through the baking dish.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails