This recipe was a selfish one. I made it because I thought it looked SO yummy! I didn't make it because I thought my family would like it or because it looked healthy or even because I thought it would look good on our blog. I just thought "YUM!" and that was that.
Turns out, I was totally right! My family LOVED this. And it was so easy!
The only ingredient I had to buy was the salad dressing - I had everything else in my pantry or fridge. After making this dinner I bought 3 more bottles of the salad dressing so I could make it anytime I had a craving.
Good stuff, my friends!
Super-Quick Chicken-Broccoli Stir Fry
Prep time: 10 mins Total time: 25 mins Serves: 4
1/2 lb angel hair pasta (capellini), uncooked
2 cups fresh broccoli florets, uncooked
1/2 - 1 cup fresh shredded carrot, uncooked
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts or tenderloins, cut into bite-sized pieces (or thin strips, if you prefer)
1/2 cup Kraft Asian Toasted Sesame Dressing
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1/4 tsp each: ground ginger & garlic powder
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper (if you like - we didn't & it was fine without)
1/3 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts
- Cook pasta in large pot as directed on package. Add broccoli to boiling water for the last 3 mins.
- Meanwhile, spray a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray; heat on medium-high heat. Add chicken pieces; cook 6-8 mins, or until done, stirring occasionally.
- Stir dressing, soy sauce and seasonings into chicken; cook 1 min, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta/broccoli; place in large bowl.
- Add chicken/sauce mixture; mix lightly (tongs are the easiest way to mix this).
- Serve - you can serve it in the mixing bowl with the peanuts on the side (like we did) or evenly distribute the finished dish into single-serving bowls & sprinkle with peanuts & serve.
NOTE: Add in whatever vegetables you have on hand such as snow peas, sliced bell peppers, chopped red or green onions, etc. You can substitute them for the broccoli & carrots or just add them in.