Made this for St Patrick's Day - but we loved it so we'll plan to work it into our family's menus all year 'round. Easy, quick & super yummy!!
Easy Shepherd's Pie - serves 4
1 lb ground beef, turkey or lamb
1/3 cup ketchup
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
8 oz frozen mixed vegetables - thawed (we liked peas, corn, carrots & green beans)
1/4 cup (1 oz) shredded Cheddar cheese
2 cups prepared mashed potatoes (fresh, from powdered mix, or frozen/refrigerated)
- Heat oven to 400*F.
- Brown ground meat in large skillet. Spoon off & discard any fat.
- Stir in ketchup & Worcestershire.
- Add vegetables & cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Spoon meat/veg mixture into a 8x8" baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Spread mashed potatoes over the top.
- Bake until heated through, about 15 minutes.
- Serve & enjoy!
I doubled this recipe for my family & baked it in a 9x13" pan, for 15 minutes.
You can also serve these in individual bowls or ramekins. The recipe above fills 4 individual dishes. Baking time is the same.
Recipe courtesy of Real Simple Magazine