Monday, March 22, 2010

Heavenly Pasta

**I received this recipe from my friend Sheri. I used a new spaghetti sauce from my cupboard that I did not like at all. It was very tangy. So, I would like to try this again using the Prego spaghetti sauce that I know I like. I am posting it because I think it has great potential and ingredients lots of people enjoy. I just made the mistake and used a new spaghetti sauce. I might even make more of the alfredo sauce the next time and cut down on the spaghetti sauce. I will test out a couple different things.**

My friend says she does double the Alfredo. :)

Heavenly Pasta
1 box motoccioli pasta or any tubular shaped pasta
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1 cup mozarella cheese
Alfredo sauce...recipe below
1/2 cup butter
1TB cream cheese
1/2 pint heavy cream (I used half n half)
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1tsp garlic ( I didn't add this because my spaghetti sauce had alot of garlic in it)

Cook pasta. Pour jar of spaghetti sauce in a 9x13 baking dish. Make alfredo sauce by adding all ingredients in a medium saucepan, cook until all ingredients are melted and blended together. Pour cooked pasta over top of spaghetti sauce. Pour alfredo sauce over top of pasta. Cover with mozarella cheese.

Bake 350 degrees covered for 30-40 minutes, then uncover and cook another 10 minutes.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Janis, I am sorry you did not like this recipe. My sisters and I love it and I have shared it with others that have enjoyed it as well. I thought I wrote on the recipe that I usually double the alfredo sauce. Sorry that it did not work for you. Sheri

Janis said...

Hi Sheri- I really think it was the spaghetti sauce. I bought a jar of Trader Joes garlic something spaghetti sauce and it truly was tangy and not good! I am used to the sweeter Prego. I am going to make this again, because I think it will be better with a spaghetti sauce that is better. I just read your paper and it does say that you sometimes double the alfredo. I think I will do that next time too. I posted it because I could taste that it had potential, but really, truly don't buy the Trader Joes garlic spaghetti sauce, it is not so good. Maybe healthier, but not good. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails