Monday, March 29, 2010

Strawberry Spinach Salad


This is the only way my daughter will eat spinach. If you haven’t tried this salad, you will not be sorry that you did. This salad is always a hit at luncheons I do for the teachers appreciation at my daughters school. I am asked for the recipe anytime I make it.

Strawberry Spinach Salad
1 pkg fresh spinach
1 pint strawberries (sliced)
1 cup sugared pecans
Raspberry dressing
Combine in a large bowl spinach, strawberries, and sugared pecans. Add dressing and toss.


Sugared Pecans
4 TB cream
1/2 cup brown sugar
pecans ( I buy the largest bag at the grocery
store)
Stir the cream and brown sugar, add the pecans and toss. Bake 350 degrees for 20 minutes-cool on wax paper


Raspberry Dressing
This dressing makes enough for several batches
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp dry mustard
1 1/2 TB poppy seeds
2 tsp salt
2/3 cup red raspberry vinegar
2 cups oil
add all ingredients in a blender and blend well.



3 comments:

Mike said...

Hello,

Your blog has been recommended to us as a interviewee's favorite blog!

We would like to do an interview with you about your blog for Blog
Interviewer. We'd
like to give you the opportunity to
give us some insight on the "person behind the blog."

It would just take a few minutes of your time. The interview form can
be submitted online here Submit your
interview.

Best regards,

Mike Thomas

Kathryn said...

Since I'm allergic to strawberries, I made this with raspberries. WICKED GOOD! Thanks!

bengalengs said...

wow that looks so good! very summery.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails